Monday, January 18, 2010

A guy named King...

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"

~A conversation during the drive home from preschool..


"Mom I watched a play today on TV"


"Really?"


"Yeah it was about a guy"


"What was his name?"


"A guy names King, someone shot him"


"Yes. Someone did shoot him, Do you know why someone shot him?


"Because they didn't like him."


"You're right. Someone didn't like him, or what he was doing. Do you think that was ok that someone did that?"


"No, not at all."


I know that he doesn't really understand why he was shot, or what he really did for our country, but I like that he has started to realize it. That he now knows about a guy named King.

No comments: