Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lettin' the cat out of the bag...

Ok. So after TONS of deliberation, long nights, gut check moments and tears, I came to the realization that I am not Super Woman. I know, it was surprising to me too. I can't do everything. I can't be a mom, be a wife, have a career, go to school, be a friend, be a daughter and be an auntie. I just can't do it all without losing something, without something suffering, and what was suffering was my job. The job that I loved. The job that I have wanted to do for my entire life (or at least as long as I can remember). I have decided to quit this job, that wonderful, stable, fun job. And I did it all for them....


*And my hubby too...


It has been the most rewarding decision of my life... I can't wait to begin this new journey.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Balancing priorities is the toughest thing about being a woman. Looks like you're putting first things first. Plus, they are way cuter than your former co-workers.

Cook Crew said...

Thanks for the support... I've never been a Stay-at-home mom...We shall see how I do...

Kim said...

I feel your pain! It was a tough call when I decided to stay home but I don't regret it one bit. My unsolicited advice: keep a little foot in the door. This time when they're little will go by waaayy fast and you'll have the option to go back when they're older. Good luck-it's an adjustment :)

hellotishakitty said...

Carrie! I didn't know! I am sure that was a really hard decision, but I think you made the right choice.

Hey, and I never got a chance to thank you for the wonderful cards you made me! (My OFY email got turned off pretty quick.) I love them! You are amazing!

Miss you!

Cook Crew said...

Hi Tishia!! I miss you too.... I hope everything is going well with you and CJ in Oregon. Let me know what your e-mail is or address so we can keep in touch. OFY just isn't the same without you....

hellotishakitty said...

Hey Carrie! My email address is hellotishakitty@gmail.com We must keep in touch!