Friday, September 9, 2011

Why I NEVER win with this child...

Cole and I butt heads, big time. I sort of imagine this is how my mom felt when I was growing up, we never got along, ever.
Some conversations of late...
First Example...
Me: Cole when Dad wakes up, you and the kids need to put this dishes away.
Cole: (freaking out) But I DON'T want to wait for Dad to wake up I want to do them now!!!!
Me: Sigh
Not winning.
Second Example:
Me: Cole after dinner you need to do a page of homework please.
Cole: (again with the freaking out) I don't want to eat dinner first I want to do my homework first!!!!!!
Ok, so this one is hard to argue with and he totally changed his mind after we got home, but REALLY?
Again not winning.
I know that's not what this is about, winning, but that's man this kid can be so dang hard to read.
But there are times when he makes me laugh...
Cole: How do you get to heaven Mom?
Me: By making the right decisions, being a kind helpful person, choosing the right.. (maybe I should've added not arguing with your parents)
Cole: Oh, well I killed a grasshopper today.
Even though he drives me up the wall at least once daily, I love that kid more than he probably realizes. Maybe one day we'll get along.

No comments: