Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Attitude Gratitude

I need an attitude adjustment. And fast. There is nothing worse than feeling ungrateful. I loathe it. I despise it. Yet I find myself falling into it's ugly grasp every now and then, only to be jolted to reality.
Like:
Camryn having an "I WANT MY MOMMY ONLY AND NO ONE ELSE BETTER TRY AND PRY ME AWAY FROM HER!" kind of day (where I get NOTHING done), but wait, I HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!!
Attitude gratitude...
Having to lug all 3 kids to Carson's therapy appointments, but wait, he is only there for some mild physical therapy, not like the little girl who was there today with the most beautiful smile on her face and burns over 1/2 of her body.
Attitude gratitude...
Another day doing it ALONE. Tom has been gone for almost 6 months people! But wait, I am married to my best friend, we have a strong marriage, and appreciate HIS sacrifice more and more everyday. I could NEVER be away from my children or family for that long.
Attitude gratitude...
Why do I need to be reminded of these things? Why do I allow myself to miss the forest for the trees? To not see the whole picture? Anyone?
I know it could be worse.

3 comments:

April said...

We all get that way. It's so much easier to see the negative than to focus on the positive. I need an attitude adjustment from time to time as well!!

Sue said...

I love the perspectives, it is so great to look at all we have and just be amazed at what God has done! side thought- I love the cool lettering look of your post too.

cooksonclan said...

I love you girl! At least you can see when you need to "re-evaluate" your attitude! Some people never get that far....what a sad, sad life it would be! Can someone pass along the "gratitude attitude adjustment" to my 13 yr old son? Please?