Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beauty in our own backyard...

I have learned to look at the beauty all around.... Living in the desert all of my life like I have sometimes you forget that it too can be a beautiful place. I have to say that we have kickin' sunrises and sunsets, beautiful spring and fall days, clean air, and wonderful places to explore. Recently we went to Afton Canyon outside of Barstow (that's right, I said BARSTOW) with Aaron, Jennifer and the twins, Kyla, and some friends from work and we had an amazing time exploring this beautiful place... makes me wanna go out and do this more often. Jayden hanging out by the train tracks

Soooo illegal yet so fun... (And Cole LOVES trains)



Kyla and Haylie... Same eyes...


This was one of the first times we went somewhere where Carson actually wanted to walk around by himself.. great progress for him



Aaron climbing the rope lines in "Cave Wall"




View from the top of the hike... Amazing




Kyla at the mine...





Cole and Daddy hiking the "crazy hike"...




Another top view...




"Crazy Hike"... Again...







All the kids got help crossing the rickety bridge.





Cole "hiking"






Carson "hiking"... Carson style




I wonder about Jayden... He's crazy.

We had a great time... Hope to do it again sometime soon.

No comments: